Monday, February 16, 2015

I'm going to try to get deeper in this topic instead of just trying to slide by. Even if it means getting a little off topic. But as many of the people reading this post knows that's what a good discussion has... tangents.

Now starting off on topic though... Romans. I am starting with chapter 3. So, Romans 3-10 it touched on a lot of different points which made me feel overwhelmed so I broke it down.

Romans 3

  • Everyone is a sinner but because Jesus died for us we don't have the punishment of death

Romans 4

  • God declares us "not guilty"

Romans 5

  • The holy spirit helps us become more like Jesus

Romans 6

  • Sin has no power

Romans 7

  • We are  to obey God's laws even if it means breaking other laws ( but don't steal from Casey's and say God told you to)
  • All humans struggle with sin

Romans 8

  • God will make us all brand new in heaven

Romans 9

  • God chooses people for specific purposes

Romans 10

  • Salvation is for everyone!

Two of these I want to go into detail with and try to explain. The one I think would be the hardest to explain and the one that would be the easiest to accept. 

Explanations

I believe trying to explain that sin has no power may be the hardest. Imagine if your talking to someone who struggles or has struggled with lust or drugs. Those sinful things had or have a lot of power over their lives. How do  you just explain how that have no power.


I believe the easiest to accept is the fact that God has a purpose for everyone. This being because everyone wants to be needed. So telling someone God has a purpose for them most likely they're going to cling to that.

Conclusions

I hope I did good at explaining things that I have an opinion on today. Below I have a link to an "I Am Second" video you should check out. 















































































2 comments:

  1. Good post Em! (Just so you know, the video didn't show up)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. I appreciate how you laid out the gospel message. Also, I appreciated your thoughts on the difficulty of believing sin has no power. You brought a new perspective to this that I think is valuable. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete